Bath Time Routine | My Favorite LUSH Products
Hi, in this post I talk about some of my most favorite bath and shower products that I'm loving right now. I hope you find one or two that you love as well and I hope you find this post helpful. If you do, please leave a comment and I would be so appreciative if you sign up for email updates.
You can also watch my YouTube video at: https://youtu.be/Dq0qFWmsiPA
I don't know about you, but I really love my bath time! I'm a mommy and I work full time, so ME time is a must. I don't always have the time for it, but when I do, I take full advantage.
For my baths, I like to feel like I'm in a spa, so I tend to buy luxury products that feel and smell amazing. I will spend a little more if the product gives me that pampered and relaxed feeling.
As for my shower products, they are much more affordable. Since I don't wash my hair every day, my showers tend to be super quick. The days when I do wash my hair are when my showers can be pretty long. My hair is long and thick so it can be time consuming. You definitely have to make sure all the product is rinsed out thoroughly. Otherwise, my hair feels weighed down and greasy.
My tips for both shower and bath time: Make sure you dab the towel over you skin after both. If you dab instead of wipe away the water, then you are helping the products soak into your skin as opposed to wiping the products completely off your skin. Also, make sure you have a bath mat so you don't slip and fall. At 47 years old, I have to take all the precautions I can. :)
Grab your favorite scented candle and light it up while you bathe. Play your favorite soothing music and keep the lighting very dim and use a soft pillow or towel under your neck for maximum relaxation. To even go that extra mile, I put 2 slices of cool cucumbers over my eyes. Oh yes, I'm actually wanting to get in the bath as I'm writing this.
I would love to hear about the products you love and can't live without for your bath and shower routines.
Beauty Products I Discuss in this Post:
1) Rahua Shower Gel Rainforest Grown 9oz, $30 - All Organic and natural products and has the Clean stamp of approval from Sephora. Smells great with a spa like feel!
2) Skintimates Shaving Gel, $2.97 - refreshing fragrance; goes on smoothly; contains Vitamin E and Olive Butter.
3) OGX Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Oil, 4 Ounce $7 (the other shampoo from OGX was the Awapuhi Ginger fragrance)
4) Origins Ginger Up Conditioner, Don't know the price since it's sold out at most places. sorry
5) Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub with Pomegranate & Acai, $5.99 - They have so many yummy scents to choose from which is great. Has certified organic shea butter. It really moisturizes my skin and it's a great value for sure.
6) Johnson's Baby Oil, $3.99 - really locks in the moisture when you add to wet skin and the smell brings me back to when I was a kid. It's gentle on your skin and hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested. contains no parabens, or phthalates
7) Bert's Bees Vitamin E & Lemon Oil, 4 oz $4.49 - Bottle specifically states that it uses 100% Natural ingredients and doesn't test on animals. I love how soft and smooth this product makes my skin feel after my shower. You can even add this to your bath to help soak in all that moisture.
8) Aveeno Vanilla & Oats Yogurt Body Lotion (I also use the Apricot & Honey), $7.29 - It's a rich velvety soft lotion that smells really subtle.
9) Fresh Sugar Lychee Sugar Bath, $59.99 - I truly feel like this comforts and calms the skin while in the bath.
10) Essential Oils - prices depend on size and where you purchase them. For me, I use peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree and lavender, but you can use whatever scents make you feel relaxed and calm. They are perfect for a spa like feel.
11) Muscle Soak Himalayan Salt, $35 - helps to soothe sore muscles and helps stimulate circulation.
12) Marinella Body Cavier, $48 - You have to be sure to mix this really well before use. it leaves the skin super soft. no harsh chemicals are in this product and they don't test on animals.
13) Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Lotion, $30 for 1.7oz - it's very luxurious and moisturizes well. however, be prepared, this does have a heavy scent to it.
Look for my new posts every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday's!!